Monday, June 8, 2009

So this is me...

A few months ago I met my mom at Villanova (her employer and my former educator) to drive together to another one of my many oncology appointments at CHOP. While waiting for her to get ready one of her colleagues and I talked about cancer and how much it sucks. I have been a cancer patient for close to ten of my 23 years and she herself had recently started an intense chemo regiment. After covering all the basics I found myself proclaiming my typical "it sucks but what can you do, it's just life" statement that has become so commonplace in my everyday conversations. She did as so many others have in the past and told me that I had such a great outlook on it all and recommended that I start a blog or something to help other young cancer patients realize that they are not alone. And to be honest I would love to give hope to other people through my life realizations but inside my head it is so much more pessimistic then I let on. The main reason behind this little blog was originally to be an outlet for me to really just say whatever to whoever wanted to listen. I was hesitant to ever even write anything about my life as cancer's mistress, but lately I have been struggling to think of anything else. I am at a loss for how I could in fact help anyone but I know that when I was 16, more than anything, I needed to know that other people have survived the struggle that is the life of a "kid with cancer". I'm not really sure as to how or where to take this post or anything else regarding this blog from now on, but I guess what it's really become is a long and drawn out realization that I will use this media to be an outlet for every aspect of my life.

So this is me, Bridget, a super huge hippie/nerd who loves music, theater, and is a "kid with cancer." LoveLoveLove!

2 comments:

  1. I love you so much. I am so glad that we can inspire each other and blessed that we are friends. <3 We really need to make a better effort to spend time together next week okay?!? LOVE YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops, I meant next year =) Haha, too bad I live so far away!

    ReplyDelete