Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Totally Original

Earlier today I was talking to a friend and after a very random Forrest Gump reference and she and I spending a good 5 minutes figuring out which chocolates we are in the box of life (for the record, it was nougat) I admitted that lately I've been feeling rather lost about the rest of my life.  She suggested that I blog about it and my response was of course a sarcastic comment of "oh that's really original, a girl in her twenty's who feels lost :P".  We both had a good giggle and she went on to remind me that the reason we blog is not about being original, but about connecting with others.  The whole point of putting these things into words is BECAUSE someone can relate to them. So here we go...

Hello world, my name is Bridget and I am a 26 year old employed assistant and adult college student who has no idea what to do next.  My passions are still the same, I love theater and singing, fashion and making beautiful things, and people in all of their many variations.  Jen and I have been talking more and more about turning UII into a non profit organization and I know this could be a great opportunity to combine a lot of these passions into one amazingly inspiring career.  The scary part is that I always seem to pick jobs or careers that aren't exactly easy to acquire or in any way guaranteed.  I guess I'm forever that little girl who wants to be a rainbow bright/ ballerina/ teacher/ rock star/ astronaut/ professional lego builder when she gets older, and that's okay.  I just have to find something that will satisfy my "real world" needs while being able to keep the ADD riddled 7 year old inside of me fulfilled as well.

So where do we go from here? 

The answer... I have no freaking clue!  After thinking it over, I've decided that I should just go with the flow.  It's hard to do because I know that a small sliver of me tends to be type A and I do love a good plan... but then again I am always telling people that having cancer has made me realize that traditional plans just don't work for my life.  I need to make the plans only as the opportunities come to me and not before.  So for now I will keep plugging a long with school, plus planning the amazing things Jen and I have up our sleeves for UII and let life give me all it's got.  I may be a little lost, but we can just call it an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment